1. A winner doesn't make excuses. It's easy to find reasons to miss classes and study sessions. Winner's find reasons to attend them even when conditions are not ideal.
2. A winner maintains a White Belt Mentality. Winner’s know that they can learn something from everyone. They aren't too proud to learn from people who are not "on their level." They seek knowledge at every opportunity.
3. A winner knows his/her values and prioritizes them. If academics are more important than social life, a winner will get their work done first, and then play.
4. A winner wins every day. Anyone can be a winner sometimes. A real winner understands that consistency is the key. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." (Will Durant)
5. Winners build other people up and help them succeed. They realize that someone else's success doesn't make them less likely to succeed themselves. They help build people up mentally, physically and emotionally.
6. Winners know themselves and are honest with themselves. They know when they need to study harder and when they need to rest. They don't allow themselves to become overworked or overwhelmed. Instead, they set an achievable pace.
7. Winners believe that everything is possible. They don't place limits on themselves. They believe in their future success and are persistent in manifesting their goals.
8. Winners have a purpose. They don't go through the motions. They know what they are trying to accomplish with each task and every class. They are specific.
9. Winners take chances and are not afraid to fail. They go after challenges and are not afraid to put it on the line. Winners lose more than losers lose because they push outside of their comfort zones more frequently, both in and out of the classroom.
10. Winners don't waste time. They understand that some people and some things will only slow them down. Winners eliminate distractions so that they can focus on their priorities.